Wednesday, August 31, 2011

N.P.H.S. Class of 1971 Reunion

 I had the opportunity to go back to the "Conejo Valley" for my 40 year reunion earlier this month. So much has changed! This is our school mascot, the Panther. Such a beautiful setting in front of the main office.
 The gym now has an awesome painting of the Panther appearing to be breaking out. Such detail, someone did a great job.
 Our reunion was held at the Stagecoach Inn. This is such a beautiful setting with a re-creation of the old Timber school building and the Inn filled with antiques from earlier times. There were over 125 people attending and a good time was had by all.
 There was a surprise visit from the current cheerleaders at Newbury Park High School. These girls did such a great job, it brought back a flood of memories of rallies and football games.
 The next day we all met at the school for a tour of the campus. There are a lot of changes but I still remember walking these halls as a young boy. All of the classes and teachers we had.........seems like yesterday.
 No visit to the "Conejo Valley" would be complete without getting together with my good buddy Vic fof a round of golf. The weather could not have been better and the course was in really good shape.
To make this an even better trip, my ex business partner Josie and her husband Ron were able to join us. Talk about a great day! I was smiling for a week.
On the last day in town, I stopped by the office (Century 21 America) and met up with some of the people that have meant so much to me over the last 17 years. I just wish I could have visited with them longer!

1 comment:

Katmom said...

Sounds like a perfect 'playcation',,, just one thing missing... Me! lol!