Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Trout Fishing in the Sierras

One of the things I love to do is to go trout fishing in the Sierras. I try to make at least one trip a year with a fishing buddy. We have been doing this since I was in high school (A long time!).
In 2005 I was fishing on a bank very similar to this one and had a Momma bear and 3 baby bears walk right up on me. Even though I knew the best thing to do was to stay calm and slowly walk away, seeing yourself between a momma bear and her babies tends to make you panic. I slowly got up, grabbed my stringer of fish and tried to run. I slipped and went down face first. With this commotion, one of the babies let out a cry and scampered up a tree and I was sure momma was going to eat me. I was wrong, she didn't even flinch. Seems she was walking up and down the shoreline stealing stringers of fish. (Lucky for me)

No comments: