Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Well, here is another "interesting" project my Lady decided "we" needed to take on. She seemed so surprised that someone would actually give her this cute little trailer. When she finally told me about it (the day she arranged to meet her brother-in-law, who had a truck with a tow hitch, to pick it up) and took me to see it, I thought she had lost her mind. The floor at the rear had rotted out and was dragging on the ground and the lovely aroma of rotting wood permeated the entire trailer (all 13 feet of it). I really did not have time for this project but things like that don't seem to bother her. She talked the neighbor into letting her park it in her driveway because we didn't have any room. The neighbor thought it would be a fun project as well and talked about helping with some of the restoration. (I have yet to see any help from these two, hmmm) I have since installed a new sub-floor, built and installed new cabinet doors, reworked the wiring and braced up the sagging ceiling. I have purchased new wood flooring and will install it after the interior gets re-upholstered and the windows are replaced. The axle needs to be replaced as well and I have a new rear stabilizer jack I will install. I have also installed a towing hitch and wiring harness on our Jeep Grand Cherokee so we can move it now. Did I mention my Lady seemed surprised that someone was willing to give this trailer away??? Some times I feel like Ricky Ricardo on the "Lucy" show when she comes up with hair-brained ideas. And yes, my Lady usually follows up with a "Oh Ricky" comment when I ask her what she was thinking. LOL

No comments: